What's near Ortigas, Pasig: More Malls and Capitol Commons (Part 1 of 2)

Hello there! Haven't gone anywhere much lately due to quarantine. Isn't it nice to go to various places? Let's reminisce some of my city travels. Here's an updated version of my "travel" blog from October last year

Ah how time flies... 

If there's any place I love in the National Capital Region (NCR a.k.a. Metro Manila) it's none other than the Ortigas area. Why not when there's a lot of trees and you can walk to anywhere. 




Did you know I've worked in Ortigas for less than a decade? I'm not going to stay to work in one area if I didn't like it. I also lived near Capitol Commons before it was what it is today. Didn't see it get built one by one but it's just nice to see how well the barren open field land was developed into such a great community.

Anyway on to my short trip to Pasig City last year.



It was a Good Sunday

What's a good Sunday but a meal shared with a friend, a lot of catching up plus some idle walking to see what's new in the world. (Yeah right, it's a work stroll, come on. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚ And yes of course I went to mass afterwards)

Who wouldn't love pasta and some fruit smoothies too? ❤




It's more than enough to make my stomach feel so full. (Thank you Lord!) I actually took the salad home cause we could not eat it all after all that pasta. Haha. If that's not a heavy brunch then I don't know what is. šŸ˜‚





First Stop, Ayala Malls The 30th

So after an hour or so of eating and fun conversation, it was time for us to part. I had to go to the malls I rarely went to because of work. I distributed some... cough stuff cough for future property clients. šŸ˜† (What, it's a secret so just keep reading. šŸ˜‚)

Rode an FX to get there. While waiting for it to get full, I eventually saw my friend walk past us going somewhere. šŸ˜‚




Texted him and he said he was going to another mall. šŸ˜† Ah there's so many malls here in Ortigas (QC/Pasig/Mandaluyong) area. You'll never be at a loss for it here in NCR. šŸ˜‚

After a few minutes the FX started and we went on our way. I alighted opposite of the 30th Mall first. This would be my second time being here. I was here once in 2018 when my cousin and I watched a movie and that was it.

Another thing I like about this area is the trees and plants. There are a lot of trees in and around the Ortigas Business District. Look at that foliage. Can you see the whole mall signage? šŸ˜„





Anyway so I went in and did some work. Since it wasn't that big and it didn't have too many shops I needed to go to, it took me a short time and then I was out. Haha. No I wasn't going to window shop because I should sell another condo instead of spending money. šŸ˜

Outside, I asked the guard if the other mall was just nearby or if I needed to ride a jeepney. Told me it was just a few minutes away so walk I did. It was kinda hot but you know, it's better to move around and sweat a bit than just stay idle at home working on your phone and laptop. šŸ™‚ (Yeah I don't go to the gym so walking is my exercise. šŸ˜‚)





Hello Capitol Commons and Hey There Estancia Mall

Well well well, as I was walking towards the other mall I saw there's a construction going on. Apparently a mall extension was being built. Whoa.

The previous time I was here was back in 2016 when I was working as an insurance agent. Met with a former work colleague back then. Also ate with a cousin and her then bf too. Oh and I joined two bazaars when I was still selling some individual temporary tattoos and doing on the spot caricatures. Hehehe.

This is what the exterior of the main mall area looks like:


Usually there are bazaars done inside and outside Estancia Mall from time to time. Haven't gone to any recently, thanks COVID-19! šŸ˜·
Here's a short video of the mall bazaar area back in 2016.



There isn't that much change inside when I went there that Sunday. All the changes happened outside of it. Haha. I mean I was surprised to see two high towers across the mall! They weren't there the last time I went there. Of course. šŸ˜‚ You'll see it in a video in a bit. Hehe.

So anyway, I went about my business... Work work work I did and then I decided to look around to see what's new. 
Capitol Commons is the mixed development project of Ortigas Land, one of the known property developers in the country, so of course I should know what's new here. When I went to the bazaar area it was empty so the wide benches were there for people to sit on. Spent about 30 minutes on one of them, working online. Thanks free mall Wi-Fi. ❤
Afterwards I went to the ground floor of the mall and was going to the tall towers when I thought I should take a vid of them first. After taking a short vid I decided to go up again and take a better one from the bazaar area.

At this point you would think I'd be tired but no... I felt energetic. Haha. Hey these were "new" properties to market, at least for me. Used to work for Robinsons Land and so these are the condo competitors but since I worked under a broker, I could sell any property we were accredited with. That means this development and the properties around here are good for me to sell too. Hehehe.

There's a model unit of another property in the mall actually. While going up and down I saw it and after I took a short vid of the two towers, I went over to talk to the agents.

Found out the one they were marketing is farther than this area (Maven). Asked them where the model unit for the tall towers outside are and so I went there afterwards. šŸ’Ŗ





Oh Yeah, I Was Strolling and Working on a Sunday

At that point I was still not hungry at all. Good thing I had a heavy meal eh? I probably burned all the carbs from all the walking and exploring I did. šŸ˜† I just realized that was a smart move. šŸ˜‚

So I walked over to the sales office and voila! Scale models galore! šŸ˜„ (If you'd like to visit the sales office, kindly set an appointment with me for quarantine compliance. Sun/Viber/WhatsApp: +63932 1800 937) 



Yeah yeah I know it's not an impressive shot. šŸ˜‚ Wait for the so-so videos. šŸ˜›





Oh hey, The Maven is Here!

The person "in charge" I showed and toured me around the place. I mean she provided a walkthrough cause you know, I wasn't that familiar with any of it yet. Hehe.

Found out the model unit there at the time was for the property just a few minutes away from the area. Say hello to Maven at Capitol Commons!




Currently it's already under construction but as you can see in the image below of the site development plan, the FUTURE DEVELOPMENT is where Maven is located. It has units from studio to 3 bedrooms. Studios are currently sold out already though. Unlike the other two towers we'll get to later on, this one is popular in terms of being "easier on the budget". (Because of the smaller cut units of course. Hehe.) The other towers either doesn't have any studios or are already sold out.

Anyway here's a 3 bedroom model unit of the Maven. By the way, only the aircons are included upon turnover, along with the countertops, cabinets, floorings and other deliverables.




You know what, this reminds me, I have a handheld tripod I don't get to use. šŸ¤” It's a small and light one like the ones amateur vloggers use, but somehow I always forget to bring it with me even when I plan to take videos of properties. Tsk tsk tsk. šŸ˜…

Anyway after I was done shooting the model units I went back to the scale model area and learned more about each tower.




What Are Those Capitol Commons Skyscrapers?

So, apparently the properties here are mostly mid-end to upscale ones. There are currently four condominium properties for sale here and only one of them is a luxury tower. Three are within the residential block: Royalton, Imperium and Empress. Maven has an area of its own.
What's good is when you own a unit in any of them, it will all be worth it. Everything you'd need is just a few minutes away. See, it's gonna be like this soon:



Capitol Commons Site Development Plan



The retail space is the mall extension being constructed as I mentioned earlier. Right now it looks like it's almost finished. The gastro area is completely done. That's where my former officemate and I ate in 2016. Plenty of restaurants aside from that area too.

To give you an idea based on my perspective... I've partly witnessed the development of this area. Capitol Commons was just a big, dusty and empty lot several years ago. Back in 2010 I was working in the Boni/Pioneer area. At the time, I was also renting a room at a house in Kapitolyo, which is right across what is now Capitol Commons.

I left around 2011, I think, so I never really knew what happened afterwards. Actually I rarely visited this area since I moved but of course I've heard about the then new Estancia mall. The first time I saw the mall was in 2016 because of the bazaars I joined. Apparently it was finished in 2014 while the park was opened to the public in 2013.

Took a video of the park that Sunday too of course. There were several people around. Some playing badminton casually, others just loitering around. Kids were running around playing and being kids of course. šŸ˜ƒ




The Imperium Luxury Tower

So going back to my story, after I left the sales office I learned where the other model units are. Of course I was going to visit them all. Haha. That's the second reason I was there.

Before I got to any of the buildings being constructed, I saw the park again. Just beside it is the Imperium tower! šŸ˜±





It's 62 storeys high! Whoa. It's pretty unique too 'cause it's round. Haha. Look at the windows, if you look closely it has what's called Trapezoidal canted windows. This means it's an angled bay window which can admit more light into the room as opposed to normal window types. Cool huh? šŸ˜€
Check out how beautiful the model unit looks like:






Only limited reopened 3 bedroom units at the high floors are available here now. If you'd like to know more feel free to contact me. šŸ˜€

Lucy Stephanie
Sun/Viber/WhatsApp: +63932 1800 937








Welcome to The Royalton, The First of Them All

Yeah the tower beside Imperium is the first one constructed. Let's have a look at a 2 bedroom unit at the Royalton at Capitol Commons shall we?




The curves in the tower design are the balconies of every unit which allow fresh air to flow freely and also acts as a shade from the afternoon sun. Some units were already ready for turn over back in November 2019. (Now it's fully turned over and only one reopened 2 bedroom unit is available.) This is why the model units were inside the building. Two units were staged for customer viewing pleasure. šŸ˜Š But of course now all of the units are sold except one.

When I went there, the building was not totally done yet but the elevators were already running. As you can see the mail room is there too and the second floor amenities area was open so I saw the pool, the function rooms and the gym.







Future Skyscraper: Empress for Wellness & Green Living

Okay, since I went there, this is the latest property that was launched. Say hello to Empress at Capitol Commons!


Right now Empress is still a dream. It's still a piece of land without anything on it but it's already excavated and ready to be built. Why live and invest in Empress now aside from the other properties of Capitol Commons? Well, if you prefer ultra convenience then it's smart home features will be your favorite thing. Aside from it being a green compliant property you'll also appreciate how it will help future residents to focus on healthy living.
The best part of all of this is the EXTENDED September promo! This is the last time you will be able to own a property of Ortigas Land at the most flexible payment terms ever.

Grab the EXTENDED September PROMO Investment Opportunity now BEFORE December 15, 2020! 


Promo includes:

- NO DOWN Payment

- 2% Special Discount on all units (1.5% addt'l discount for 1 bedrooms and up!)

- 50% Discount on Reservation fee

To know more about the properties, feel free to contact me or read my other blog for basic info on Ortigas Land Pasig properties.

Lucy Stephanie
šŸ“² Sun/Viber/WhatsApp: +63932 1800 937
Globe/ Telegram: +63917 768 8444
Facebook Page | Instagram | YouTube

Anyway read more in the second part of this blog! However, that's where you will learn about the supermarket area and not really about any of the properties. šŸ˜… This is how you will get a sense of the area and why you should contact me to reserve Capitol Commons properties with me. šŸ‘



 


Comments